Atlanta VA Health Care System
About the Atlanta VA Health Care System
Using Telehealth to Care for our Veterans during COVID-19
Check out the video below demonstrating how we are using VA Video Connect to expand access to health care for our Veterans during COVID-19 and leading the way with the most VVC appointments of any VA facility.
Changes in our Community Based Outpatient Clinics(CBOCs) Operations
- In this time of crisis, the safety of our Veterans and staff is our number one priority. In order to minimize exposure to COVID-19, outpatient clinics and Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) will be open for telehealth appointments only. No face to face visits will be conducted. Veterans are encouraged to schedule a virtual appointment by using My HealtheVet. In case of an emergency, Veterans should call 911 or proceed to the nearest emergency room. Please contact our Telephone Advice Program (TAP) at 404-329-2222 if you need medical advice or have a question.
Medication Refills and Emergent Lab Needs
- Most medications can be refilled using our automated prescription refill line. For medications that may require additional testing, please consult your provider via My HealtheVet. We have options in many cases for home tests or testing in the community.
- For urgent or emergent lab needs, the lab at the medical center will remain available. Additional information will be forthcoming in the next 24-48 hours.
Thank you for your cooperation as we adjust to conditions as they occur.
Atlanta VA Medical Center (VAMC), a Joint Commission, designated medical facility sits on 26 acres in Decatur, Georgia—just minutes from downtown Atlanta. The main medical center is a level 1A tertiary care facility providing patient-centered healthcare via an array of comprehensive medical, surgical, geriatric specialty services, as well as state-of–the-art diagnostic testing throughout 14 sites of care. With 466 inpatient beds, including a 120-bed Community Living Center, a 40-bed domiciliary, and a 21-bed Residential Treatment Program, the Atlanta VAMC is uniquely positioned to serve the healthcare needs of more than 130,000 enrolled Veterans living in 50 counties across northeast Georgia. The Medical Center, also a teaching hospital, provides hands-on and state-of-the-art technology, education and research to residents in collaboration with Emory University School of Medicine and Morehouse School of Medicine.
Honor America’s Veterans by providing exceptional health care that improves their health and well-being.
To be the benchmark of excellence and value in health care and benefits by providing exemplary services that are both patient & family-centered and evidence-based. This care will be delivered by engaged, collaborative teams in an integrated environment that supports learning, discovery and continuous improvement. It will emphasize prevention and population health and contribute to the Nation’s well-being through education, research and service in national emergencies.
Goal: Our 3 Promises
- To provide care second to none – the best care anywhere.
- To maintain and expand Veteran’s healthcare services whenever possible.
- To ensure that every veteran will be personally satisfied with the care that they receive, based on the highest quality of outcome.
Integrity: Act with high moral principle. Adhere to the highest professional standards. Maintain the trust and confidence of all with whom I engage.
Commitment: Work diligently to serve Veterans and other beneficiaries. Be driven by an earnest belief in VA’s mission. Fulfill my individual responsibilities and organizational responsibilities.
Advocacy: Be truly Veteran-centric by identifying, fully considering, and appropriately advancing the interests of Veterans and other beneficiaries.
Respect: Treat all those I serve and with whom I work with dignity and respect. Show respect to earn it.
Excellence: Strive for the highest quality and continuous improvement. Be thoughtful and decisive in leadership, accountable for my actions, willing to admit mistakes, and rigorous in correcting them.