Atlanta VA Medical Center
The staff at the Atlanta VAMC have provided a number of ways for you to learn how to live a healthy lifestyle and self-manage your own health.
Veterans Learning Center
Located at the Clairmont Road entrance, the Veterans Learning Center (VLC) consists of over 4,000 square feet and is in close proximity to the outpatient clinics. The Veterans Learning Center is devoted to educating the veteran patient on all issues related to health and the health of the family. The VLC currently offers:
- Group and individual directed health education
- Classrooms and individual teaching/research work stations
- Access to health education printed materials such as books and pamphlets
- Display of models and teaching posters related to healthy living
- Health fairs: Cooperative efforts with clinical providers
Family, caregivers, and/or significant others can be included in all activities.
For more information please call (404) 321-6111, extension 4982.
Atlanta VAMC Library
The library is located in room 6C160, and is open from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday. As part of our continuous efforts to improve our services, we are working towards publishing a directory of the material in our library for the web. VA Library Network
The VA Library Network (VALNET)is a health sciences library that serves VA staff, students and trainees, and veteran inpatients and outpatients and their families.
The My HealtheVet site provides veterans and their families excellent, reliable patient education information as well as the latest VA News. Information about veterans benefits and services is also available.
Upon registering with My HealtheVet, you will be able to —
- refill prescriptions online
- keep personal food and activity journals
- monitor your personal health data, such as blood pressure and pain levels
- maintain your own self-entered personal health record
UpToDate for Patients
Physicians at major medical centers rely on UpTodate's* complete and current medical information. Now patients have access to UpTodate to learn more about medical conditions, understand management and treatment options, and have a better dialig with health care providers.
A service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine, MedlinePlus* offers medical and health informaiton, interactive tutorials, and other health related information.