Atlanta VA Health Care System
Research - For Investigators
Like all institutions, the Atlanta VA Medical Center has policies and procedures regulating the conduct of research at its facility.
The Research Office acts as a resource to investigators, study coordinators, and laboratory personnel during the design and implementation of your projects. We encourage you to utilize these members of our team should you have any questions or need guidance.
Michael Hart, MD , Chief, Research Service
Antonio Laracuente, Director of Research Operations: email@example.com
David Knight, Science Information Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Derek Key, Assistant SIO: Derek.Key@va.gov
Kallie Medbery, WOC and Credentialing Coordinator: Mary.Medbery@va.gov
Daniel Roysden, Ph.D., VA/IRB Liaison: email@example.com
Rodney Thompson, Research Compliance Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jennifer Whelan, Human Research Protection Program Quality Manager: jennifer.Whelan@va.gov
Jane Guidot, Clinical Studies Center Manager: email@example.com
Ioana St. Amand, Biosafety Officer: Ioana.StAmand@va.gov
Click here to Access Policies on Conducting Human Research at VA
Click here to Access Policies on Conducting Laboratory and Animal Research at VA
Click here to Access the Data Analytics Core Site
Click here to Access Information about Credentialing and Training
What do I have to do to get started in research
- Getting Started in Research (what to do to get started)
- Abstract Requirements
- R&D Protocol Guidance
- Brief Overview - Steps to Get a Protocol Approved
- Criteria for Reviewing R&D Grants
- Privacy Officer and Information Security Officer Review Process
- Is My Project Research Request form?
- Process flow for determination if the project is Research or QA/QI
- Accessing the electronic submissions system: ERRRP - Electronic Request to Review Research Proposal
- Learn about the VA's Research and Education Non Profit Corporation: Atlanta Research and Education Foundation (AREF)
Find A Collaborator at the Atlanta VAMC
How do I start an IPA: To start an IPA - fill the IPA form and send to Roberta.Tops@VA.Gov
Click here to find out what Core Equipment is Available at the Atlanta VAMC
How do I request Medical Media Services: Requesting Medical Media Services (VA Intranet Only)
FAQs (questions that people have about things such as publications, presentations, etc.)
- How and when do I have to disclose to VA an invention?
- Link to Invention Disclosure and Certification Forms
- Publications and Interviews
- How do I enter Publications and Presentations into VAPubTracker?
- Checklist for Publishing VA Research
- How do I appropriately cite the VA in my publication?
- What do I do if I get invited to give an interview?
- How do I get travel paid by another entity approved (donated travel)?
- Great Ideas in Grant Preparation (Useful Tools)
- Link to Department of Medicine Research Tools and Tips
- Assessment of Clinical Impact form
- Collaborative Research Worksheet
- Financial Conflict of Interest Statement
- Investigator Data Sheet (page 18) new investigators only
- Personal Data Sheet (New Investigator)
- How to make a staff change to a project Click this link and complete the form and follow directions on second page
Data Security Forms
- Data Use Agreement (DUA) This is a web link to the latest VA DUA Templates
- Authority to Transport Data - Instructions New
- Device Exemption Request - Used for Flashdrive and USB Devices
- Research Data Inventory Form - used for all projects
VA Merit Review Forms (Link to VA Funding Page and Forms)Funding Page
top of page